The Invisible Man (1933)
Directed by – James Whale
Starring – Claude Rains, Gloria Stuart, Henry Travers, William Harrigan
Genre – Horror, Comedy, Classics, Science Fiction
Runtime – 73 minutes
Here are the reasons why you should watch ‘The Invisible Man’
- Made in 1933, this film is part of the classic monster movies, that were made by Universal in the thirties and were hugely popular with the masses.
- It boasts of some great special effects, that were practically unheard of, in the year 1933.
- Based on H.G Wells’ science fiction, it tells the story of a scientist Dr Jack Griffin, who becomes invisible.
- The best part about the film is, that it chooses to tell the story from the perspective of a man, who becomes invisible accidentally as an experiment goes wrong and then in order to come out of it, he commits one mistake after another.
- Claude Rains plays the titular role of the Invisible Man and appears most of the time on screen, covered in the bandage. The only time, his face is revealed is in the last few minutes of the film. Considering the fact that he doesn’t get to show his expressions, his seductive voice became his signature style.
Watch ‘The Invisible Man’ Online here-