Directed By – Alfred Hitchcock
Starring – James Stewart, John Dall, Farley Granger
Genre – Crime, Drama, Mystery
Running Time – 80 Minutes
Here are the reasons why you should watch ‘Rope’
- Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, this is the story of a perfect crime, well almost perfect.
- Two friends strangle one of their friends and then hide the body in a wooden case. Eventually, the wooden case becomes an important point as they conduct a discussion on the ‘Art Of Murder’.
- Unlike other Hitchcockian work, ‘Rope’ didn’t get its due acclaim, when it was released at first. But it has aged well, with garnering a cult of its own.
- Hitchcock’s first colour film, ‘Rope’ was what he called an experiment by his standards of work. It was based on a real-life incident in Chicago, infamously known as the Leopold-Loeb Murder.
- James Stewart and Alfred Hitchcock went on to collaborate on three more films. Those were ‘Rear Window’ (1954), ‘The Man Who Knew Too Much’ (1956) and the greatest of them all, ‘Vertigo’ (1958)
Watch the movie on YouTube here –